When this is about finding a job, it always does not become easier. This means there are some eligibility criteria to work at Target. Right now, you must be wondering how old do you have to be to work at target? Well, I have found the answer and now you have to read this article till the end.
Target already has over 2000 retail stores across the United States. In this case, all stores require applicants to be under 16. Above all, there are other eligibility criteria which you should also know.
After all, the age requirements can depend on where you live. This usually works like Amazon and Woocommerce retail stores. Read below to know more…
How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Target?
There are certain norms and rules which you should follow. But what are they? Below, I will discuss how old you must be to work at Target.
The minimum age requirement at Target is 16 years old, especially for hourly positions at its retail stores. Also, in several states, minors get permission to work at the retail store shop. Meanwhile, Target always hires employees who are at least 16 years old. Also, managers sometimes used to hire adults as employees at retail stores.
Managers sometimes resist hiring minors, especially if adult candidates are available for the same position. Minors have limited positions available due to school commitments.
At the same time, applicants must be at least 16, especially for job roles at the Target distribution center. On the other hand, Target distribution center workers must handle heavy machinery so that they won’t allow any minor persons.
The FLSA law, or The Fair Labor Standards Act, doesn’t allow anyone, especially at Target retail stores, under 16 years old. Do you know the reason? Because it is all about operating power-driven machinery other than office machines.
Let’s Talk About What Are The Teen Jobs At Target
There are multiple teen jobs at Target. If you are under 16 years old or if you are at the age of 17, you would get a lot of options at Target. Below, I will discuss what teen jobs are available at Target.
1) Guest Advocate
One of the most suitable and convenient positions for teenage people at Target is to work as a guest advocate. This means it is one of the most common jobs in which you don’t typically have to have experience. In this case, you can easily get hired at Target as a cashier. However, this job mandates you to stand out on your feet for vast periods while stationed near the checkout register at checking out.
What Skills should you have for this position?
At least you are 16 to 18 years old. You would typically get paid $15 per hour.
In most states, cashiers at the Target store only have to be 16 years old. Locations with a proper license to sell alcohol require cashiers at least 18 years old. As a cashier, you must learn how to use the cash register and complete transactions.
On the other hand, this job also involves handling and scanning merchandise weighing up to 40 pounds. There are other duties as a cashier, such as maintaining the local area, guiding other employees, and so many others.
The additional skills of a cashier Are:
- Firstly, make sure you have an excellent command of communication skills. Being a cashier means listening actively and working with your co-workers.
- Secondly, cashiers frequently have to handle multitasking. This means paying attention while switching tasks will help cashiers perform their jobs more efficiently.
- Lastly, having math skills is of utmost importance. This means it helps cashiers keep proper register counts. At the end of the shirt, a cashier often needs to check the balance and many other things.
2) Front-of-store Attendant
Another one of the most popular job positions at Target retail stores is front-of-store attendant. This is a famous entry-level job, especially for minors looking to work at retail stores. There are several states where cashiers must be at least 18 years old.
Not only that, they are also working as a cart attendant. This means if you get the job position as cashier, you are also eligible to work as a front-store attendant.
The Skill-Set Requirements Of Front-Of-Store Attendants:
The age requirement is 16, and you will get paid $15 per hour.
Target pays cart associates well for a job by pursuing minimal responsibilities. Even cart attendants are accountable for gathering carts from maintaining the entrances, and the parking lot, and assisting customers.
The Skill Sets Required To Pursue A Job As A Front-Of-Store Attendant Include The Following:
- Front-of-store attendants must remain moderately active. In this case, front-of-attendants often retrieve carts from the parking lot several times and help guests load heavy and other awkward items.
- Being a cart attendant, you need to have excellent communication skills. This means it is mandatory for them daily when it is about a better understanding.
- Patience is another one of the most useful skills especially for cart attendants. This job occasionally has downtime or even a cart attendant requires workers to perform minor and repetitive tasks such as straightening shelves.
3) Inbound Expert
Do you know Inbound experts are also well-known as Inbound Experts? In this case, stock merchandise can also help unload trucks. This is one of the most physically demanding jobs compared to the previous options. But this might appeal to those who don’t want to spend more time in the sales place.
The skill sets required for Inbound Expert such as:
- One of the most important skills an inbound expert must have is organizational skills. This helps inbound professionals stock shelves accurately and follow instructions involving several steps.
- Inbound Experts often work independently. This means it requires good time management skills as a supervisor who is not constantly monitoring or noticing your work.
- Do you know how important communication skills are essential when you have to work as an inbound expert? Yes, communication skills help understand their job responsibilities for each shift and even for better understanding, which is especially required for customers.
I have discussed how old do you have to be to work at target above in this article. Target only hires applicants who are 16 years old and even older for positions at its retail stores.
However, there are multiple states where Target retail stores might require cashiers who need to be at least 18 years old to sell multiple alcoholic beverages. Also, remember that the availability of minority job positions can depend from one store to another. I hope you liked this article. If you have queries, then comment below!
Learn More About: